The Slees

The Slees
Momma, Dada and Gavin

Thursday, January 20, 2011

This Year

This year I intend to do a lot of work on myself. There are many things I want to improve upon and with Gavin coming into my life, it only makes me want those things more. 2010 went by so fast, it seemed, that I almost felt like I was the passenger and not the driver. Does that make sense? Hopefully this year I can take some time to focus on myself and what I can do to make me better.

I know I have said this numerous times to numerous people, but I feel like I was in better shape when I was pregnant than I am now. One of the "resolutions" for 2011 was to get back in to shape. I am not necessarily trying to lose a bunch of weight. I am about 8 pounds from my pre-Gavin weight. Primarily I want to feel better. I know I need to start eating better too. My plan was to start working out on my days off (which have been few lately) and to attempt to eat better. Losing weight while breastfeeding is hard to do because I don't want to compromise my supply right now by cutting back on my calories or anything. Once I finally decide I am done pumping, then I will start talking about trying to get that extra 8 pounds off. I certainly don't feel like I look horrible, but girls.. you know. Things aren't where they used to be. Weight has shifted. I would like to lift a couple of areas back UP to where they once were, lol. So far, so good on this goal. I have been working out on my days off and for the most part eating better.

One of my goals for the new year was to stop procrastinating. It sounds like a popular one, perhaps, but I am just horrible. I put off EVERYTHING from doing the laundry, sending out birthday cards, getting gas. What ends up happening a lot of the time is I put it off so long that the work ends up not being done as well as I'd like or I don't end up doing it at all. So, what I need to do is just get off of my lazy butt and just do it. So far I think I am doing well. If you ask my husband he might think differently, lol, but I am pleased with my progress thus far.

Also, I am wanting to all in all make myself more efficient and reliable. I am so forgetful and there has to be ways I can improve on this. When I was younger, still living at my dad's house, I would put up little post-it notes of things I needed to do. Perhaps I could start doing that again. With Gavin in the picture, there are so many more things I have to remember now! I just cannot believe how much it takes to care for a little baby. (Might I add, the mostest perfectest baby of all flippin' time. You've seen him, right?) Right now on my refrigerator I have a list of Mommy's Things and Gavin's Things to help remind me of everything I need. Now this doesn't always work, because I do often feel rushed in the mornings.

I am kind of liking this blog thing, haha. I just realized that all of this information I am typing is probably super boring, but when I look back on it, it could really do some good. Typing all of this out gets my mind moving.

I think that with the idea of improvement on myself, I also need to learn to accept myself too. I am hard on myself a lot about the things I have and haven't done and at some point I just need to say "Kristin, you really have tried your hardest so try not give yourself such a hard time".
I guess I will give it a try and we will see how it goes :) Wish me luck.

1 comment: