The Slees

The Slees
Momma, Dada and Gavin

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Bloggage Time

Does anyone else kind of want to see 127 Hours? I kind of do. It's partly because it seems like an interesting story and partly because James Franco is delicious. Yum.

A man came by from Hanson's Windows to measure all of the windows. It only took like 7 minutes, but I found it kind of exciting. It is a large purchase like previously mentioned, so I should probably be excited about it. I mean, a lot of the windows in this house literally can not be opened because they've been caulked shut. The window salesman told us there were scheduling installations 6 to 8 weeks out, the measurement guy said 4 to 5 weeks. The sooner, the better. Due to the age of the windows and the house they will have to take special precautions because of assumed lead paint exposure, so I hope to have Gavin out of the house during installation.

Right now, the hubby and I are sitting on the couch watching the end half of The Biggest Loser. Usually I pay attention a bit more, but this season I haven't been consistent watching. Now I am a bit confused about who is coming back and why. I get that there are some "unknown" trainers, but really I ask: What's the point? And, why do you so sporadically bring them into the show? Better yet, why do I care? Bob and Jillian are awesome in their own right, why mess with that? I don't really like the fact that I am sitting here watching this and not doing a work out myself, but I did do something to my back and the last few days it has been really bothering me. Today it was feeling better but now that the day is coming to an end it is getting angry :(

I have realized that I do make quite a bit of excuses in my mind for things. "I won't work out today, I have a busy week ahead" or "I'll take a nap when Gavin does then I'll work out" (then I don't do either or Gavin doesn't take a nap). Or "Gavin is cranky today, so tomorrow I will do it". The point is is that work will always be unstable (I just need to start saying that out loud), Gavin will probably be more cranky than not (teething and all), and I will always be tired. I need to grasp onto my free time and use it wisely. There is always going to be something going on with Gavin in every stage of his life so I can't be using him as an excuse to not do certain things (mainly working out). I'm sure he would want his mommy to be happy and feel good about herself. I really do need to become better organized with life in general. I have taken a few steps to help with that. For instance I got myself a new day planner and am making a habit of looking at it frequently to keep myself in the know of events. (Of course that doesn't always work, because Matt had to remind me of the guy coming to measure for windows today.) I also got a calendar to put in our office for Matt to better help him with the days I am working (since I am picking up a bunch at work). I do feel like my efforts to quit procrastinating so much are actually working. I have to accept that I am forgetful by nature so I need to better prepare for that. I am trying to write myself little notes as reminders. In all honestly though, some times I forget to do that ;).

I will end on this note: Mmmm.. James Franco. Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment