The Slees

The Slees
Momma, Dada and Gavin

Friday, February 25, 2011

Reading Other Blogs Made Me Feel Bad

It's been a minute since I have written anything down, so I figured I would give it a go.

For a while I wasn't sure what to blog about. I felt like I would be over-sharing what ever I put on. To tell you the truth, I am not sure why. If I do, then I do. Whateva.

Let's start with a talk about my new video game (and technically only video game) EA Sports Active 2. I am really excited about it even though I have barely used it this week. That's besides the point. There are sensors I wear on both arms and one on my right leg. It has workout programs to follow and such. It's a pretty cool game, really. It had helped me on feeling motivated. Now, I knew I was going to be bad this week. Instead of using my time that I had designated for working out on Tuesday and Thursday, I decided to visit it a friend on one day, and work on the other. It is what is it. I have to start laying off of myself. The last workout I did, which I believe may have been either Monday or Wednesday literally kicked my butt. I am still recovering from that. A couple of days ago I noticed my knee really hurting too, so that is another reason I didn't jump hard core into working out this week. I am not sure what my deal is, but since Gavin's arrival I have been injured so easily. First there was my back, now my knee. Ugh! I just need to take everything slowly, but my mind is so motivated it's like "GO GO GO!"

I have been so frustrated with myself lately. Yesterday when I went to pump at work I realized I forgot half of it at home. I got so upset because I had to drive home and get it. UGH! THEN, today I had realized I left both pieces at home! I was so mad at myself. How long have I been pumping for crying out loud?! Gee, only every 3 or 4 hours for the last 7 months of my life! How could I possibly forget parts to my pump as frequently as I do?!

I have been pretty proud of the fact that even though Gavin didn't catch on well to nursing that he is still able to get breast milk. I never even imagined I would be pumping for as long as I have been, but I am glad I stuck with it. However, the time has come where it is officially driving my up the wall to do, so I am ready to wean myself. I have a lot of frozen milk, so that will last for a little while but after that I plan to move Gavin to formula. I am happy to have finally made that decision because it has definitely been a hard one for me.

The last few nights Gavin has been waking up randomly through the night. A couple of nights ago I had to go in and rock him :( He usually is able to put himself back to sleep, but he was just screaming so sadly.. it sounded like he had awoken from a scary, horrible dream. It seriously almost made me tear up, that is how sad it sounded. I realized today he was getting another tooth in, so that has to be it. I cannot believe my little man is has two teeth now. The next thing I know I am not going to be "Cool Mom" anymore and he'll be embarrassed to be around me. Okay, okay. I have a little while on that I guess. Still!

I am going to call it a night. I feel better now that I just took some time to write on here. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment