The Slees

The Slees
Momma, Dada and Gavin

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Decisions, Decisions..


This is our recent family picture. Pretty typical really. My husband is an extreme goofball. If you bring up anything "squishy" (meaning anything remotely romantic), he gets even goofier.

Gavin really loves the camera. He just lights up whenever he sees it. Absolutely adorable. I realize this is more than likely how small children react to cameras, but it's even more adorable that my son does it. :) He has just been the light of my life since he came into this world. I couldn't be any luckier.


In my last blog, I talked about my pumping and how I planned to cut back and end soon. This past Monday my husband convinced me to liberate myself from the pump. It was a difficult decision to make, but I felt it was time. Gavin had just finished bottle that I was able to produce (which took all day). I had frozen milk available, but lately he had been acting as though he didn't appreciate the taste, so I decided I was going to throw it out (which I still have yet to do, but whatever). It was really, really hard for me to make this decision. I have built up a bit of a complex. I couldn't deliver Gavin the way I wanted, he didn't take well to nursing. Pumping gave me a sense of accomplishment. But.. the time has come. Just in the last few days, I have noticed how I have so much time to spend with Gavin. The only issue I had was engorgement, obviously, but the engorgement caused flu-like symptoms. Truly aweful.

Gavin does really well with the formula and I think one day he will appreciate his mom's happiness and freedom :) What a cutie!

That's going to be it for now. I will touch basis on this more later.

Love Always,

Gavin's Mommy

1 comment:

  1. don't feel bad about any decisions you make! I remember when I was in the hospital and william had jaundice because I couldn't get ANY milk out and I was STILL being pressured to breastfeed. But, i made a decision to only use formula and I was sooo happy I did. Never feel bad about your decisions!

    ReplyDelete