The Slees

The Slees
Momma, Dada and Gavin

Friday, April 1, 2011

Stuck

Some times I know I've really lucked out. I love my job. Meaning: I love what I do. I really can't imagine doing anything else.

Here in lies the problem..

If things at my work were not so darn political or dramatic, I would love that too. Now I realize that you'll have politics, you'll have drama where ever you go. For a while now I've been feeling like I am being led around. Like I getting smoke blown up my ass only to be severely disappointed. It's disheartening. Let's not speak specifics because they aren't important. It's just getting to be more than I thought I could deal with. I am not sure how to get past it.

Unfortunately, with my degree, there isn't much more I can do except for this. I wouldn't want to. I just want to do my job, be appreciated and get paid appropriately. What's the problem?! lol In the very least could I just be appreciated and not led in circles?

So now for the whole day I'm wondering to myself "What to do? What to do?". Becuase I am so in love with my career and can't imagine being truly happy doing some thing else, this poses a problem. I may have to do some real soul searching to find the answer. Grab a hold of yourself, Kristin, and figure it out. Buck up or shut up. Time to explore some options and get some work done. Break down what I love about my job and see if there is something out there that I can accomplish. Uck. Truly disheartening.

I know I talk about my little boy a lot, but I can't help it. The kid is so damn amazing I often times cannot even contemplate it. I am not sure, though, that I would be completely happy being a stay-at-home mom. Perhaps when the next one comes a long I may feel different. I do miss my little guy every time I am at work. Crazy, right?

That's all for now, I guess. Just some thoughts running through my head today. Fridays don't tend to be much fun. Very busy and by the end of it I wonder what had happened in the 12 hours I spent there. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment